Dwelling - Dwelling Spaces

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Dwelling




I thought that during Lent I would try and write a short blog with a photo from that day each day, so here goes...


At the moment I am looking to buy a new house. It is strange the emotions that it stirs up as you think about leaving an old way of life behind and try and imagine what your new life will look like in different houses.

Dwelling is a funny word, it is where you live, where you have your home, where you are settled; but it is also something you do, you mull over, think about, linger on.


I read Psalm 27 this morning. Verse 4 says:


One thing have I asked of the LORD,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to meditate in his temple.

A new house means a new dwelling place with God, to make my home with Him afresh, to dwell on what it means to be in His presence. Somehow that makes the process seem a little less daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment