Love - Dwelling Spaces

Sunday 14 February 2016

Love

Well...surely you have to write about love on Valentine's Day?! 

This morning in church I did a little sketch about love, sitting sadly in my chair because I hadn't got a Valentine's card which surely meant no-one loved me. The kids gathered round, eager to put their hands up and tell me all the other ways I could know I was loved. It was quite sweet :-) 

Popping into Tesco's on the way home there was a brisk parade of flower buying and in the car park a fair amount of last minute card writing happening! It got me thinking that it is rather a long time since I wrote or received a Valentines card, so much so that it's kind of gone off my radar as something people do, and maybe that's not a good thing. There are quite a few people in my life that I love and I'm not always that good at telling them so, perhaps it's time to get better at it!

Love, as the kids reminded me, is a lot about the things we do for each other, but it is good to put words to our deeds too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment